- You will be picked up from your hotel between 8:00 and 8:30. Once everybody who joins the tour has been collected, we will make a shopping stop at the supermarket to get fresh supplies. You will then also get the opportunity to stock up on your own supplies of necessities we do not supply such as bottled water, sneaks, alcoholic beverages etc. Having finished the shopping we will exit the city by B1 highway towards Rehoboth. There will be a brief stop for comfort break. At the Bee One fueling station where we stop kindly make use of the information chats put up there to enlighten you on the rich history of this little town and its people. Our journey will take us further into the south eastern part of the country namely the Kalahari Desert. Upon arrival we will check in and pitch our camp before taking a small siesta. In the late afternoon we will join the nature drive with the possibility of seeing some game. We concluded the day with a sunset on top of the Kalahari desert dune belt.
DAY 2 (LONG DAY)
- Early rise, pack up camp and leave shortly after breakfast traveling south towards Mariental. Fuel stop with the opportunity to pick up small quantity crockery items before heading for the Quiver tree forest. We will have time to take good pictures before we proceed to Keetmanshoop nicknamed the capital of the south. Another fuel stops before our final drive towards the Fish river canyon ‘the second largest canyon in the world to Grand canyon.
We just arrive in time to pitch camp before it’s too dark.
- Early rise to visit the lookout point to the fish river canyon and to spend sufficient time for photo opportunities from different angles of the rim. When we are done we will leave for Luderitz. On road we will pass through the small settlement of Aus for fueling up and continue our journey to Luderitz.
20 km outside Aus towards Luderitz we will stop at Garub water point and try our luck to see if we can spot the famous desert horses which has manage to survive breeding in this hostile and barren desert environment for close to a centaury without too much human interference. We will arrive in Luderitz just in time for the sunset. Please note on the camping Safaris dinners are not included in the town areas so as to give you freedom to try out the local cuisine in the many restaurants.
- After Breakfast we will visit the kolmaskoppe Ghost town guided tour for about an hour and use more time taking pictures after the tour. At noon will be back in the town to give you time to grab lunch at own leisure and cost. We regroup at around 2:30 for our afternoon excursion to Dias point.
We might have a chance to see flamingos and other aquatic bird spices on road. Back to the hotel and you are free to take the last hours of the day off.
- After hearty breakfast we leave for sesriem, the entrance point to the Namib Naukluft national park. Although the drive is scenic we must bear in mind that we have a long day and must therefore be time conscious. Driving through this incredibly beautiful scenery aim to arrive in time to pitch camp and proceed to elim dune for our first encounter with the red sand dunes of the namib. After our magic experience of the feel and touch of the desert we retire to the camp for well deserve good night’s rest.
- Today is one of the highlights of this tour and therefore pre-dawn start is essential to make the most of the day and catch the soft light of the sunrise on the desert. After the sunrise photo secession we will continue to drive further into the deadvlei area, the heart and soul of the namib desert. An ancient mineral pan stunted with camel thorn tress. Towering in the background you can see the highest dune in the vicinity called “Big Daddy.
Those of you who are not feint hearted and feel up to the challenge can undertake the 1:30 hour climb to the top to enjoy the magnificent vistas over the surrounding plains. As the desert temperatures raise fast as the day wears on we escape the scorching heat waves by stopping at sossusvlei for a short visit before returning to the camp for lunch. There will the plenty of time to relax after lunch hiding out the heat of the midday sun. After our siesta when it has cooled down we will drive to sesriem canyon. Formed over more than 40 million years ago this geological master piece will leave you with a deep understanding of Namibia’s geological history. This is also the venue where we will catch our last sunset to celebrate our genuine African experience. Back at the camp dinner will be waiting upon arrival followed by a visit around the campfire to share our life enriching stories and experiences.
- Today’s journey takes us back to the capital city of Windhoek where we have started our tour. After Leisurely breakfast our drive will takes us to Solitaire where we will spend approximately 45 minutes to enjoy a second cup of coffee or simply take pictures. We will continue our drive passing through the Naukluft Mountains, Bullsport and small villages until we reach Rehoboth. Our estimated time of arrival back is the city is between 3:30 and 4:30. You will be drop off at your hotel or place accommodation within the city limit. Please note those of you who have pre-booked or pre-arrange for airport transfers with Meerkat Safaris will be transferred on the appointed date and time. Check with your guide before you leave the tour.